The Enhanced Eye Health Examination includes the following:
- History and Symptoms
- Refraction (calculating your prescription)
- External Eye Examination
- California Optomap (ultra-wide field retinal imaging
- Topcon Triton OCT, Ocular Coherance Tomography (retinal deep range imaging)
- Corneal Topography (if necessary)
- Intra-ocular pressures (measurement of eye pressure)
- Suprathreshold ﬁelds (basic peripheral vision check)
- Full Threshold Fields (comprehensive peripheral vision check)*
- Corneal Pachymetry (measurement of thickness of cornea)
- Referral for further investigation if deemed necessary
- Nutritional advice for healthy eyes and tears
Over time, the scans allow for comparative diagnosis. If a change in your eye health is indicated, we can determine whether medical attention is required or whether continued monitoring by our optometrists is suﬃcient.
We will ensure that you receive a full, jargon-free, explanation of your eye health and that you understand what we can do to help you achieve the best vision, visual comfort and ocular comfort.