All TK&S patients can now take advantage of a complete diagnostic evaluation carried out by an optometrist and a clinical technician. A true eye examination is a fluid process, adapted to the requirements of the individual patient. It is not practical or necessary to do every possible diagnostic test on every person. We believe in a core group of diagnostics tests to ensure healthy ocular function. Supplementary testing can then be added as appropriate.
Your examination will include the following:
- Analysis of your history and symptoms
- Refraction (calculating your prescription)
- External eye examination
- Ultra-wide field retinal imaging using our state-of-the-art California Optomap
- Retinal deep range imaging using the Topcon Triton Ocular Coherence Tomography
- Corneal Topography (if necessary)
- Intra-ocular pressures (measurement of eye pressure)
- Suprathreshold ﬁelds (basic peripheral vision check)
- Full threshold fields (comprehensive peripheral vision check)
- Corneal Pachymetry (measurement of thickness of cornea)
- Referral for further investigation if necessary
- Nutritional advice for healthy eyes and tears
Over time, the scans allow for comparative diagnosis. If a change in your eye health is indicated, we can determine whether medical attention is required or whether continued monitoring by our optometrists is suﬃcient. We will ensure that you receive a full, jargon-free, explanation of your eye health and that you understand what we can do to help you achieve the best vision and ocular and visual comfort.
AFTER YOUR EYE EXAMINATION
MAKE THE RIGHT CHOICE
If you require new spectacles because of a prescription change or just want to purchase the very latest catwalk-ready eyewear, you will be welcomed into our frame and sunglass gallery by our fully qualified and experienced dispensing team.
Lens options will be explained to you and measurements taken. Our team will then guide you to ensure that your choice of spectacles or sunglasses suit your prescription and lifestyle and will prove to be something that you will love to wear. They will then measure your spectacles and adjust on fitting to ensure optimum vision and comfort.