The Enhanced Eye Health Examination includes the following:
- History and Symptoms
- Refraction (calculating your prescription)
- External Eye Examination
- California Optomap Ultra-wide Field Retinal Imaging
- DRI OCT Triton (Retinal Deep Range Imaging)
- Corneal Topography (if necessary)
- Intra-ocular pressures (measurement of eye pressure)
- Suprathreshold ﬁelds (basic peripheral vision check)
- Full Threshold Fields (comprehensive peripheral vision check)*
- Corneal Pachymetry (measurement of thickness of cornea)
- Referral for further investigation if deemed necessary
- Nutritional advice for healthy eyes and tears
Over time, the scans allow for comparative diagnosis. If a change in your eye health is indicated, we can determine whether medical attention is required or whether continued monitoring by our optometrists is suﬃcient.
We will ensure that you receive a full, jargon-free, explanation of your eye health and that you understand what we can do to help you achieve the best vision, visual comfort and ocular comfort.
If you are entitled to the NHS Sight Test, you can still access the additional beneﬁts included in our Private Eye Examination and the fee will be reduced by the amount received from the NHS (ask for details when booking). Our optometrists would always recommend this.