Debra Grant has a specialist interest in children’s visual development and functional visual problems. She runs the Tompkins, Knight & Son Binocular Vision Clinic.
VISIONARY EYE CARE SINCE 1868
WE ARE SPECIALISTS
- Modern research suggest that one in five school children have an undetected eye problem
- A child’s vision is not fully developed before they start school. Early diagnosis and treatment can, however, prevent permanent disabilities and vision defects such as “squints” and “lazy” eyes
- Your child’s life skills and learning could suffer if defects remain undetected
- As young eyes grow, vision can change rapidly, and children may not understand when something is wrong
- Early diagnosis leads to more effective treatment and younger children are also more likely to accept using spectacles